Monday, July 1, 2013

Sewing an Heirloom Toy Gift

For my dear daughter's one year old birthday, I wanted to make her something special...something that she could keep for her babies one day. I found some great book panels and even this rag doll panel & wardrobe by Riley Blake. You can find these quick and easy pre-printed panels and instructions at your favorite local or online fabric store. 



Today we have the fabulous gal behind these adorable handmade rag dolls. Lil' Liza Lou specializes in one of a kind, handmade clothing and accessories for baby to teen and everything in between. Thanks for stopping by to chat with us today Evelyn!

~
 
20130630-073644.jpg
 
My name is Evelyn Griffin & I am the owner, creator, designer at Lil' Liza Lou (*waves*).
I wanted to make her something that she would love.
 
mommyloomermaid
 
She is quite spoiled when it comes to handmade clothing, so I wanted to make her a toy. Not just any toy... She loves a particular show on Nick Jr. that just came out, and I wanted to make her a toy rag doll that would remind her of that show.  And I wanted a doll that she could sleep with that would be soft and cuddly, because her (other) rag doll toys were all really hard plastic, and I wanted her to have something soft to cuddle with at night. 
 
Initially, I thought I could make a rag doll without a pattern, but that turned out looking like (in Loo's words) "a Miss Potato Head Doll". After my huge disaster of a failure that looked more like a baked potato than a doll, I looked on Etsy, and found a huge selection of rag doll patterns. I settled on the Loli Dolly Pattern, because I could customize it as much as I wanted, and customize it I have!

20130630-073835.jpg
 
Last week I started taking custom orders for Sleepy Lil' Liza Dolls named after my little Loo. They are fully customizable, and I have lots of hair styles, and colors available, along with an endless supply of clothing and accessories from peasant blouses, to dresses, to boots, to shoes. I add more every day. Lil' Liza Lou is becoming a one of a kind shop for handmade, heirloom quality unique items for babies, children, tweens, and teens.

 
Mermaid Fairytale
 
To place an order, email Lil.Liza.Lou@gmail.com, or go to LilLizaLou.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment